Wednesday, January 27, 2010

...its time again...

Going into a season can be so stressful. All of us want to do better than we did last season and we all want to tweak our training to do that. For me, and most of us really, our training programs are "tweaked" simply by having a life outside of racing a mountain bike. I could whine about all the stuff I have going on, but everyone does! There's work, grad school, raising kids, etc. I could go on and on.

Its late January and like most others, I feel like I am WAY behind the 8 ball. Races start up in March with the longer endurance events starting the first weekend in April. So what do we do....simple, just deal with it.

A lot of you are probably mumbling some expletive toward me under your breath, but it really is that simple. Its not an excuse to get lazy or sit back, it just means find the time. For me, no more sleeping in until 6a.m. most mornings....

With all that said, I have to brag now: Cameron made the El Dorado Select Soccer team. So May through January will be even busier! In a good way. The best way to keep my kids out of trouble is to keep them busy with what they love doing. So between the gymnastics meets and Soccer tournaments I will find some time to race! I have to say, I think it will make the races I do get to do all the sweeter!!

As someone said recently, "I believe in Quality Brad, not QUANTITY..." Can't remember who that was but it was probably someone very wise (hint: sense sarcasm now). But seriously, to date myself:

"...its better to burn out, then to fade away...."

On to the more stupid side of my life, depends on perspective I guess.... I currently have more bikes hanging at the Citrus Heights shop than Pete has for sale:
  1. Redline Conquest Team CX bike, cracked top tube. Only a few months old
  2. Carbon Force crankset on my SS CX bike, cracked and useless
Good news, both Seattle Bike and SRAM are sending me a spanking new frame and a spanking new 2010 Crankset. Looks like the orange crush on the trainer tonight!

No comments: