Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cross vs. Road Bike?

Background: after cracking my Redline CX frame, the situation has finally been resolved and Pete built up the warranty frame they sent me. I am running some slicks on it to commute for some road miles.

Below is an actual Conversation that occurred this morning in the bike locker room:

coworker
in bike room: "Hey Brad, didn't know you had a road bike?"

Me: "I don't, its actually my cross bike"

coworker: "Cross bike?"

Me: "I can fit knobby tires and the geometry is a little bit different than a road bike"

coworker: "Why would you want knobby tires?"

Me: "For riding on the dirt..."

coworker: "Wait, whats the difference between a road bike and a cross bike" (as he looks closer at it)

Me: "The difference? Me"

coworker: "huh"

Me: "I like to ride on dirt, you like to ride on the road..."

coworker: "I don't get it!?"

Me: "I know...."

...then I explained to him "Why"....

:)

No comments: