Friday, December 19, 2008

Ode' to the Roadies...

On a personal level I don't really have an issue with riding my road bike. One roadie doesn't scare me, but a group of roadies is another story. Yes I know I am throwing a stereotype out there and that just isn't right, I agree with you....but its fun. And frankly, other than a few people I know....it sticks. And as much as I wish it did not...I cannot find an escape from it. The more I speak with people from different states, the more I realize that, like everything else in California (like Serrano for example :), California Roadies carry a stigma... Call it a dark mark. Some people enjoy this, but to the entire community of cyclists in this country, it doesn't help anyone.

Enjoy this thanks to Scott...its perfect. The red bike is actually ridden by a local journalist for the Sac Bee....



And to admit, it just isn't roadies... This idiot acted like this at a CX race, keep in mind he is a roadie using CX to cross train, but I digress:

http://velonews.com/article/86089/scuffle-at-kansas-city-cyclocross-nationals

No comments: