Monday, May 11, 2009

...recovering...


The aftermath.....

I have ridden my bike twice since Cool, partially planned, partially consumed with the kids schedule. Between gymnastics and baseball they are busy busy! I plan on keeping them that way along with school for the next 11 to 13 years!!!!! One of the neatest things this week was how excited both Cameron and Annika were that I won the race, made the old man feel good that's for sure!

Now its about maintaining fitness and recovering adequately before the Coolest 24hrs of Boggs on June 20-21. Pete will again be pitting for Marja and I. What a guy...

Hung out with Pete at the shop for a while on Friday, ordering all the parts I need to make my bikes (and Marja's) rideable again. I will post a video soon that shows the "conversation" everyone in the pit had with me informing me I was done. I look like I am drunk, because despite what they tell me all I can think about is changing and riding.....brain just wasn't processing. Hopefully I will have that soon, its on Pete's camera.

Heading out on the road bike, no that's not a typo you read correctly, for several hours after work. Just get the legs back to working everyday. After 40 today and 50 tomorrow on the road bike I will be riding out to Prairie City Wednesday, racing, then riding back to Scott's house.... Usually about a 50 mile day on the SS. Anyone want to join?? The ride back is fun as the trails that are not advisable during the day are a blast at night heading back! Plus you get to spin out your legs after a 45-60 minute anaerobic spas session!

Next stop, Spokane, Washington for Chris' 24hr race. Marja and I will be crewing and spending the week between there and Seattle relaxing and riding A LOT...you better be ready to ride after your race Chris!!!!

No comments: