Saturday, November 8, 2008

...all about timing....

...it had to happen, two days before the SSCXWC in Portland I get a little sniffle and then the body aches....long story short Scott and Linda are up in Portland eating some breakfast about to head over to Chris King in a few hours to take part in Saturday's time trial and here I am writing about it. I was jealous of those two last year, but its killing me now! I will be honest, I have slept more in the past 36 hours than I have the past week and a half it seems...my body needed a break. I have to admit part of me wishes I went just to go after the heckling award! See I played Lacrosse at UC Davis, and what we lacked in skill at times we could ALWAYS make up for with heckling the other team or even fans....


So enough, I wish Scott and Linda a great two days of racing, I will be buying Ciro's pizza upon their return to hear all about it!! I know they will do well, Scott has been on a terror lately at the cross races and Linda always steps it up at the big events!! Lastly I am bummed as I will not get to see my buddy Chris and his family, that would have been fun! Jake and Zack love the cow bells and we all know you can never have enough cow bells!

So 0n to rumors:
  1. Coolest 24 hrs may not be in Cool...sources close to me say that the State Park folk may not let the event happen in Cool, using the Olmstead loop as the core of the race. Instead it may be moved to Granite Bay...now don't get your panties in a bunch and whine and cry, just like I did (it was ugly), the idea would be to run the course up toward rattlesnake bar and use the trails toward the Auburn Dam overlook and form a loop that way....I don't know enough of those trails to hypothesize.. Personally Cool needs to stay on the same course, create a little history, plus its the "COOLest" not the "Granite Bayest 24hrs"...I hope Jim can strike a deal...anyway, its all RUMOR at this time.
  2. Sly Park 100 has approval, hard part is coming up with a course....I have no worries about the course, the trouble is Sly Park proper and the tight rules they have considering the reservoir is for drinking.... But how cool is it to have a 100 miler so close to home! Who ever can lend help to Jim to get this one off the ground!!
  3. So No Mas 100 course has been mapped out, and I have to say, "ouch!" 2 weeks after the Coolest 24, this course is going to cause more than a few of us to cry. I have ridden only once out the Lake Sonoma way, but after talking to Carlos from Bike Monkey this one will be an EPIC...break out the 19 and 20's!!!
  4. This is fact, Boggs 8hr in April is up to 300 registered so their are only 150 spots left, so sign up and enjoy a really fun early season 8hr race!

All in all Jim's series is going to be great, whatever the details might be. There's the Boggs 8hr, Coolest 24 (Granite Bayest), the So No Mas 100, Boggiest 24hrs in Cobb, Sly Park 100 and Tahoe Sierra 100...all in our backyard!

I am going to try and race out at Discovery Park manana, its an NCNCA Cup event in the Sac CX series...I just wish it was Portland, there is next year!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Good luck at NCNCA tomorrow. Wish I was going down to race. Portland in a few weeks?