Thursday, November 6, 2008

OCD...

I would be the last one to call myself OCD, in fact I don't know many that would even think of that acronym when they thought of me...ask my Ex-wife and see what she says :).... My friend Chris, he has been writing a lot about his obsession(s)...all bike related...and I give him grief. Truth be told, I might be just as bad as he is, and when Marja and I get together and obsess on bikes (when she is not slammed in school), we are really bad. Heck, I even get excited about new bar tape!

Back to obsession...carbon forks, canti vs. V brakes, no matter what it is bike I love it. Chris and I could waste entire days discussing and looking for whatever part we need, well okay...WANT. I guess what it comes down to is this, like Chris I have a problem, I acknowledge my problem and I accept full responsibility for it.

Now don't get me started on Scott, if I have a question, he will know the answer, if he doesn't, he will tomorrow and will have fully investigated the matter. Oh and Ti SS, of course I needed my Ti SS.... Then there's Marja, who got a job in a bike shop just to be around anything bike...bless her heart!

I don't really see any issues with it, I see it in Cameron already, his obsession at the moment is soccer, the moment he steps outside he has a soccer ball at his feet... Annika, well she is a cartwheeling fool where ever we may be.... They see/hear how much I ride, the trainer in the house all winter, etc. They know what it takes to get good at something and you ALWAYS can get better...so they obsess....I think it is healthy and the old cliche holds true, "IT KEEPS ME OUT OF TROUBLE..."

Anyway, I need to go read Velonews, check my order status at Universal Cycles, and see if I can't find a better price on a EC90X fork for Chris' CX bike....then I will work a little before heading out and riding for 2+hrs (I hope, work is TRYING to get in the way!!!)....

No comments: