Tuesday, November 18, 2008

from FLatness to the Stars all lining up!

Rode in this a.m. nice and early, beating the sun to get a long ride in. A little fog here and there, but otherwise the bike trail (when I am on it) and the trails were totally empty. A little chilly, seeing its been near 80 in the afternoons lately....um, isn't it almost Thanksgiving?

So I am about an hour into it and I take a corner...hmmm, a little squishy! I look down, sure enough I am slowly flatting. No biggee right? Well, seeing I had 2 flats the other day from my house and now this one.....WTF? I sat down went over my tire like I was looking for gold (keep in mind its a brand new tire), but nada. I am going to have to go tubeless, and trust in Scott's Stans-Mojo-Magic! We shall see! Despite that, it was a good ride...the worst morning riding is better than the best day anywhere else for that matter!

We shall see what the ride after work holds for me. Looking at another 1.5 to 2 hrs easy spinning.

On another front, Chris and I have made things interesting with a bit of a wager....details to come, loser buys a set of Chris King Salt and Pepper shakers of the winners color choice... Stay tuned, April 1, 2009 will tell all!!!!

Finally, I asked Marja what her and I should do for our anniversary coming up in December, figured we should do something big seeing she has put up with my annoying butt for three years, anyway, she responded, wait I am tearing up....she said, I am dead serious here....she said, "I want to ride my bike..."

I couldn't respond, I was speechless! Life is good ya'll!

1 comment:

Steve said...

You should buy her an IF.