Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a difference a week makes...really?

Well, here I am a week later and now I have a cold...ah the joys of two kids in school. You get to share every illness with the entire community! Small price to pay I guess, it's just I am a WIMP when it comes to a stuffy nose....

Despite a lot of "garbage" going on this last week it was really uneventful. This week was full of kid craziness between gymnastics, soccer pizza parties, and more gymnastics! Annika will be starting on a team here in Cameron Park starting in December, she is already working on her front tucks (flips) on the tramp.

Commuted from Folsom both ways on the CX bike Thursday, wow it felt great just to ride after last weekend. I was falling into the depths of depression being off the bike for 4 days...sounds silly but my kids start asking me to stop whining when I haven't ridden for a few days, its ugly.... I then rode up to Pville from here in Cameron Park on the rail trail Friday...sticky and fast single track since the rains, but I still flatted twice...both punctures...WTF? The Stan's gods really want me to convert back to tubeless on the CX!

On that note, seems Stan's is suing Specialized, can you say KARMA? Where's my TerraLogic?

Anyway, its November and my favorite time of the year with cold days, some rain, leaves falling from the trees....can some one tell me why it was 80 degrees yesterday, more of the same for today? I was able to ride two days in the rain a few weeks ago, but after looking at Folsom lake, man we need rain! Maybe Chris can send some via the Washington-CA aqueduct!

Well we are out the door, Cam and Annika are going to ride Brown's Ravine today with the mutts, Marja and I running it. Annika's first single track ride, no more fire roads or Prairie City, she'll be on a single speed just like her old man!! :)

Happy middle-of-November!!

No comments: