Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back in the saddle again....

Marja, Dawn, Mike and I met for a mid day romp around the ravine. Despite the million cars parked down at the confluence, we say very few cyclists once we got up above Clementine, it was nice.

Finally, back on the DeSalvo riding the dirt again....yippeeee. "Chucky" was very kind, seeing I haven't ridden her for a long time. She was very kind indeed, not very loose, legs felt horrible on the way up the ride to Ruck-a-Chucky, but I figured I needed to ride her so with very little effort, I convinced everyone to go down - Mike's first visit via bike. The way up may have been one of the smoothest I have had, legs felt great the whole way and since Scott and I weren't doing the macho-guy-thing and racing each other, I had a consistent ride up..... What a day too, probably pushing 70 degrees, ridiculous for January, I mean come on we need rain!!! but I'll take it.

Staying in tune with the "Ass Monkey Awards, 2009" as seen at http://stevetam.blogspot.com/ my only compliant was a bit of the "monkey butt"....for those of you who know not what it is, be happy.

After a hectic few days:
  1. Thursday 10:30pm, Annika begins getting physically sick
  2. Friday, 5am Annika stops physically getting sick and passes out. I go to bed.
  3. Friday, 6am, my alarm goes off, time to get Cam fed and off to school.
  4. Friday, 10 a.m. Annika wants to do cartwheels while watching season 1 of Hanna...I literally have to tie her to the couch (not really)
  5. Friday night Cameron is going to "kids night out" at Tumble Time and Annika has gymnastics to run through her routines for Saturdays meet. She says she is fine and wants to stay after practice for kids night out. Britney, Ronalee and Melissa (all coaches) promise they will keep her mellow (I live across the street so I can get her quickly)
  6. Before I leave after Annika's practice, she does about 15 loops of the entire floor, off the tumble track, the horse, the uneven bars, one tumbling pass, and over again. She says she is fine. I leave and let her stay with Cam and her team mates.
  7. 15 minutes later, Melissa is at my door with Annika, says she doesn't feel well, reality is she is turning into quite the daddy's girl and we just hung out and she went to bed early. Thankfully.
  8. Saturday, Cam's Indoor game at 9:30
  9. 12pm-1:30 interval session on my trainer
  10. Gymnastics meet in Rancho, Annika there at 3pm, march-in isn't until 4:30.
  11. Her team does surprisingly well (I say that because they have been practicing only a month and change where most teams have been together since last year). Despite two strange falls on the floor, and the girls starting their horse run before the coach was set up to spot (all big deductions) they ended up 3rd, but w/o those deductions they would have been close to 1st.
  12. Home and in bed by 9pm Saturday.
Sunday we hit the single track, kids on their bikes w/ the dogs and I running. Great ride/run for over an hour on some hilly trails. Later we had a four-square fiesta with Victor, Marja, Cam , Annika and I....good times.

Kids and I in bed early!!

This morning was a great commute, relatively warm at a supposed 38 degrees, a small bit of fog. I'd say I still had a monkey on my back, but that's not quite accurate. Looking forward to a 30 mile spin on the CX after work, looking forward to the rain we are supposed to get over the next few days, I hope it materializes!!! The puddle formerly known as Lake Folsom is a sad sight!

Cheers

No comments: