Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter again?

Nothing like riding with company. Yesterday Scott and I headed out for a CX ride we do often, and each of us has done it a million times by ourselves too (okay not quite a million, but it feels that way)...and I have to say riding with a good friend is so much better for your mind and your legs! My legs were zapped from the previous three days, but once we hit the trails and we were talking we had a great ride pushing 3 hours on the CX bikes. Lets just say I was alseep by 8:45 on the couch...yeah thats right Marja, I admit it...

Riding in preparation for this madness called the "race season" is done, far to often, alone. I spend more time with my ipod this time of year than anyone else....my nutty schedule dictates this, between work, gymnastics, indoor soccer, etc. I end up riding a lot solo simply because its at odd times of the day or its up in the air should something pop up....so my advice to anyone, is when given the opportunity, ride with friends. I am lucky in that Scott and I pretty much have the same goals and lack the same logic-synapses in our brains that tell most people NOT to ride down to the bottom of Ruck-a-Chucky when its 105 degrees at 10:30 a.m., or 35 degrees and raining for that matter...but thats an entire different blog for a different day.

Alas, we got rained on while riding and it was a great feeling to actually get chilled from the rain. We need it badly! Today's a day off, tomorrow will find me riding the trails along the river in the mud after interviewing people all day. Then Saturday, after Cam's indoor game, its off to Auburn for a ride, the whole enchilada with Chucky, followed up by the "kick-off" race at Granite Bay. Still not certain if I will be racing Sunday, but most likely will be out there. Its a short one, two laps (14 miles) in 34x16, its fast!

Happy trails!

No comments: