Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tough to swallow...

This weekend is the Cool XC race...its a blast, and looks to be almost "hot" considering what we have been riding in (except this past week, its been nice), 70 degrees! Ouch. Way Too Cool is on Saturday, a 50k trail run also starting and finishing in Cool....now they have it tougher with this temperature...Last time I ran that I stood in a creek crossing at about mile 27 with both legs locked up until someone came by with salt tabs....funny, I couldn't move. Before I knew about the magic of Tums too....yes Tums, you'll have to google it and try it yourself....Anyway, its a big weekend in Cool for the ultra runner and mt bikers alike...

I had signed up early for the race, but between gymnastics and then Indoor Soccer on Sunday my weekend is full. I will admit, at first I was really bummed, but then I remember the look on Cam's face the first time he scored a goal, and well, I am a sap so in the end I will be in the right place, I know that. The folks get to see Annika in her big gymnastics meet at Sac State Saturday too! So its a big weekend for the family and we are looking forward to it!

Today I was supposed to meet with Veloyce at Monsters (of Massage) to get my hip/back worked on, but work is sort of sucking the life out of me these days....lets just say the "company line" comes out of my mouth but its hard to be convincing....industry is hoping for an intervention from the legislature and considering the current economic climate....hmmm....okay these guys, as ALWAYS, waited until the last minute to try and meet a deadline they have known about for 4+ years (some actually 10), but this isn't about work!

After work I grabbed the kids and we hung out at Pete's in El Dorado Hills, oh sorry, the EDH, and just had fun after a crazy week. The love their hot chocolate, even when its in the mid 60s outside. It was nice to NOT have to be anywhere....Cam read Annika and I a few books tonight and they crashed early....

Here's where the riding comes in....trainer time......wow I was so close to curling up in bed and hitting the sack at 8:30, but I made it out to put together my new Cycleops and do a Spinerval workout for a little over an hour. OUCH, but then again its supposed to hurt, right!?

The down side, its almost 11pm and I am still wide awake after that punishment babbling aimlessly here. With that said, I am going to read and go to bed. Tomorrow a.m. its a spin from the Fish Hatchery to downtown on the CX bike followed with a spin back in the afternoon....okay I will be honest, the ride back will be predominantly on single track, and when that happens, especially on my CX bike, I usually go fast (that's a relative term here, maybe I should say I don't "go easy" because my legs will be thrashed from tonight).

Dave noticed it a few weeks ago when we road the dirt back toward the Hatchery, when I hit dirt I sped up. I know Scott does it when we ride, so it makes sense...whether its me being comfortable on it, or just the fact its like being a kid each and every time so I just get lost in it, who knows. What I do know is it puts a stupid grin on my face...well that's deep enough for me...

Quote of the day at Petes, Annika had to use the restroom. As I stand by the door because the lock was not working....she goes by me grunting because she has to pee so bad....the door shuts, and I hear, "oooooooh yeah, that's more like it!!!!"

From the mouths of babes...

No comments: