Thursday, October 23, 2008

AHH the wildlife...

...so I discovered some new single track, well new to me, between Howe Ave and Watt on the S. side of the American River. Really fun and twisting single track teeming with wildlife...and I do mean TEEMING.
So I am cruising through a section deep in the trees with tall grass on either side enjoying the twists and curves when suddenly I get a nice warm fuzzy sensation on my left calf as I am pedaling! I was reminded of Phil, was it he snuggling between my legs like he does at night at the foot of my bed? How did he get from Marja's house out to the trails? Wow, what a smart dog, what a fit dog to come all this way to find me....

Well I look down to see my trust worthy dog and what do I see? Freaking Rocky the squirrel spread eagled between my water bottles squeaking like mad trying to figure out what to do....I just about screamed like a little girl waiting for Rocky to bite me. Finally, when I stop pedaling and he figures it out, he jumps clear. I'll hand it to Rocky, he jumped clear of my front and rear wheel avoiding decapitation, but all I could think about was the rabies shots I was gonna need after Rocky bites me out of frustration!!
Too damn funny! Shortly after that I just about run over Wile E. Coyote as he is trotting down the trail, I am running stealth with no chain-slap...and a few minutes after that its Wile E.'s little brother I almost hit - Phil? No, not Phil!

So I make my way home, go pick up some Chinese food for Mar and I (Tues/Thurs are her ridiculous days) and enjoy some tasty food. I grab my fortune cookie as soon as I am done of course and wtf??



Looking forward to a 3hour cross ride manana in the dark before work...any takers?

1 comment:

Steve said...

Being of Asian descent I can translate that for you:

A person is never too old to buy himself and the old lady a custom bike.