Sunday, October 12, 2008

October cruising...

Looking to go for a long ride today on the SS...Marja insists on coming, but with school and TA work piled up mile high I advised her not to...but thats where I stop, the girl will do what the girl will do! Thats what I love about her! She is almost as good justifying this ride as Chris and I used to be to play Xbox en lieu of riding....I said ALMOST

Chris is racing CX in Seattle, Scott in LA, so I am feeling a bit in a funk! I could have raced CX in Livernmore yesterday, but in my tiredness I came up with 15 really good reasons (see comment above re: Xbox) not to make the drive...as usual I am kicking myself in the a$$ for it.

Last night UC Davis ran over S. Utah in football. Great to see the folks, have some tasty Indian food pre-game and hang out on campus...brought back a lot of good memories of Lacrosse, beer and good times. The new stadium, moment of silence for Toomie, was great and the crowd was excellent. Great to see UCD stepping up to their D-I status ... About halfway through the game Marja says to me, "...its so weird to see you like this, when you used to look like that?" She was referring to my football size/weight at UCD, 205lbs...

Football days...

today.....
Okay, so I still weigh more than the "Chicken" here and probably make in a year what each of these guys was last fined by their "teams," but I am riding under 180lbs.... If you can name the player in the pic above, I will buy you a beer.

Off to the ravine!

No comments: