Friday, October 10, 2008

To cross or not to cross

"...the happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have..."

Good news yesterday: Cameron continues his run of "Aced" spelling and math tests to 4 weeks and Annika is nailing her back-hand-springs with a spotter - she's 4.

The bad news, I almost missed my ride with Scott and even worse Marja had to miss it due to school.

Between her grad program, the classes she is a TA for and work, she is one busy chica. So I told her I would ride twice as much to make up for her lack of riding. For some reason that didn't have the desired effect I thought it would?

Marja w/ her "perma-smile" on the bike
So on to CX, with everyone occupied Saturday I might be heading to Livermore for some CX racing....the only problem is my DeSalvo misses me so I might take her out in Auburn for 4 or 5 hours.....the tough decisions, I tell you. Thinking Auburn over CX cause my legs are tired from running with Dawn "Hear Me Roar" Infurna-Bean Wednesday in the ravine...She's a stud. I have to hand it to her though, I miss running the trails in the ravine and Marja and I cannot wait to hit them with Maddie and Phil once it cools off enough!

So back to work, I have to remind myself, "work to live"...cause come COB today Scott, Marja and I are back on the bike for a friday afternoon tromp around the lake on the CX bikes...

With no soccer for Cam Saturday, that means I get to sleep in (which means maybe 7am) and then ride Auburn before the UC Davis football game with my parents tomorrow night..Go Ags!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Maybe you should get a DeSalvo cross bike!