Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So it begins...



Marja dropping the hammer


Well, with another cross season starting up I thought I'd start posting my trivial babble to go along with it. The "Crimson Chin?" Well, this was from a digger on the "Couch" outside Whiskeytown in the Spring...



Riding the CX tonight along the river, all LEGAL trails of course. After the mother of all bonks last night (as Linda would say, "I was practicing my bonk") riding the CX from Cameron Park up the rail-trail to the El Dorado Trail in P-ville to Camino....I thought I'd play a little suicide with the "woodland creatures" along the river between "Camp Hoover" and mile marker 16 and back along the Sac River. Follow that up with a run with Marja and the mutts after she gets back from lab and I should sleep like a baby tonight.



Marja, Maddie and Phil...Phil has A.D.D.

Then of course tomorrow, for some strange reason, we are running with Dawn Super-Human Infurna-Bean from the Dam overlook to "No-Hands" then up Stage Coach and back to the overlook thru town.... good times, something different then pedaling for a change!

One last comment for the day...it has to do with Stan's and CX. Now Scott runs it with no issues, I personally blew my rear tire off after a flying mount preriding probably because I didn' get the strip right (my fat butt had NOTHING to do with it).....and then there is Chris up in Seattle...he noticed his rear burping everytime he hit the saddle while practicing his mount last week. Dead set on racing Crosstoberfest on Stans, he insisted he could make it work despite my experience and my opinion to throw a tube in. Result:


















YES that is Chris' BUTT....about the same size as my 6 yr old's oddly enough. Blew the rear tire on a turn...on asphalt...ouch!!!

2 comments:

ckunin said...

I blame you 100%. My tubeless cyclocross days are over. I will be racing this weekend with a tube on the rear wheel. No more DNFs!!

ckunin said...

I will save you the agony of looking at my ass in additional photos. But let me assure you that the progression from the lower photo to the one above continued, and practically the whole side of my chicken-like left leg is a lovely shade of dark purple.